Ventura Residents May ALSO Qualify for Rebates from the State of California for Turf or Toilet Replacement
Ventura Water and the City of Ventura officially launched their new rebate Incentive Program on July 1, and applications have flooded in!
By the end of July, 52 percent of program funds were reserved for current applicants, leaving 48 percent of funds still available. In July, 327 Ventura residents applied for conservation rebates and submitted required documentation (most people applied online). Of the 327, 257 applicants were inspected, approved and served a Notice to Proceed with their projects. More applications are pending.
With fall just around the corner, now is the perfect time to take advantage of this new program while funding is still available. Apply now so you can plant your new water-wise garden before winter.
Ventura Water’s incentive plan focuses on more efficient irrigation devices and a turf removal and replacement incentive when property owners install a low-water alternative to water-thirsty grass. Rebates vary. Get all the details here or call (866) 983-9232.
It’s easy to apply. Here’s how:
- Complete the application.
- Read and Sign the Terms & Conditions.
- Apply online at www.removeyourturf.com, or
- You may pick up applications and Terms and Conditions at Ventura City Hall, 501 Poli St., Treasury Department Room #107 or Building and Safety Room #117, or at the City of Ventura Maintenance Yard Administration building, 336 Sanjon Road.
- Include a copy of your most recent water bill. You may obtain this by visiting www.cityofventura.net/water/
- Make sure to submit an application for turf replacement and irrigation devices separately.
- Send documents one of the following ways (if not online):
State Rebates: Ventura residents can seek rebates from new state of California incentive programs administered by the California Department of Water Resources; this includes local residents also using Ventura’s rebate program. “Save Our Water” is a state conservation program currently offering financial incentives for turf removal and replacement, and the installation of high-efficiency toilets.
These financial incentives may be available to Ventura residents who also use Ventura Water’s Water Wise Incentive Program! Please read the FAQs at the link below to learn how the state turf rebate program works with other agency rebate programs, including Ventura’s.
- The state’s turf replacement program has a $24 million budget expected to support converting over 10 million square feet of turf, achieving approximately 20 percent of the statewide goal of replacing 50 million square feet of turf. Up to $2 per square foot of removed-and-replaced turf will be rebated up to a total of $2,000 (1,000 square feet) per household.
- The state’s toilet rebate program has a $6 million budget expected to support replacing 60,000 toilets statewide. Up to $100 will be rebated for the purchase and installation of one qualified, high-efficiency toilet (1.28 gallons per flush or less) per household that replaces a less-efficient toilet using more than 1.6 gallons per flush.
Read the State’s turf replacement program FAQs here.
Ventura Water customers who apply for the Water Wise Incentive Program using the www.removeyourturf.com website or mail-in application will be sent a verified dollar-per-square-foot amount upon project completion, which then can be used for an application with the state’s program.