Ventura Water is still accepting applications for the WaterWise rebate Incentive Program launched July 1. The program has been very successful so far. Through the end of September, 434 applicants have applied (331 have already been approved) and 77 percent of budgeted funds have been reserved.
It’s not too late to apply now! With the arrival of fall, now is the perfect time to replace your lawn with a new water wise garden while also taking advantage of this new program. Ventura Water’s incentive program focuses on more efficient irrigation devices (which includes devices for rain water harvesting) and a turf removal and replacement incentive when property owners install a low-water alternative to water-thirsty grass. Rebates vary. Get all the details here or call (866) 983-9232.
Here’s how to apply:
- Complete the application.
- Read and Sign the Terms & Conditions.
- Apply online at www.removeyourturf.com , or
- You may pick up applications and Terms and Conditions at Ventura City Hall, 501 Poli St., Treasury Department Room #107 or Building and Safety Room #117, or at the City of Ventura Maintenance Yard Administration building, 336 Sanjon Road.
- Include a copy of your most recent water bill. You may obtain this by visiting www.cityofventura.net/water/
- Make sure to submit an application for turf replacement and irrigation devices separately.
- Send documents one of the following ways (if not online):
No state rebates for turf replacement: We regret to report that Ventura Water customers are NOT eligible to participate in the state of California’s 2015 Turf Replacement Program. Ventura residents may qualify for the state’s toilet rebate program, however. Up to $100 will be rebated if you buy and install one qualified, high-efficiency toilet (1.28 gallons per flush or less) per household that replaces a less-efficient toilet using more than 1.6 gallons per flush. Call 844-642-7410 or click here for details about the toilet rebate program.