Reminder to all Ventura Water customers: Please do not water 48 hours before and after a measurable rain event, and also don’t forget to shut off your irrigation controllers during rain events too! The State Water Resources Control Board has adopted an expanded emergency regulation as California faces a fifth year of historic drought, and watering during or with 48 hours after a rain event is among the new prohibitions.
Prohibited water use in California:
- Washing down sidewalks and driveways
- Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes excess runoff
- Washing a motor vehicle with a hose, unless the hose has a shut-off nozzle
- Operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system
- Irrigating turf or ornamental landscapes during and 48 hours before and after measurable precipitation
- The serving of drinking water other than upon request in eating or drinking establishments
- Limit outdoor irrigation of ornamental landscapes or turf with potable water to no more than two days per week between 6 p.m. and 9 a.m.
- Operators of hotels and motels shall provide guests the option of choosing not to have towels and linens laundered daily
READ MORE in Ventura Water’s Pipeline for January 2016, CLICK HERE.